Wednesday, March 12, 2008

For my Uncle Ernie

OK OK Because Lamb's blog is so fantastic, I will finally bring mine back to life. I will do what I can.

First news is sad news. My Uncle Ernie passed away on Monday. I just found out and haven't come to terms with it. I'm not used to death.

Good memory of my uncle: Abby was getting married and her parents were moving out of Timber Creek basically the same day my Aunt and Uncle were moving in 2 doors down. Lamb and I are at Abby's parent's and decide to go for a walk around the neighborhood. We just get started and I say, OH look, it's my Uncle Ernie working in his garage. Lamb doesn't believe. I say no, really! they just moved in. She doesn't believe. She says You don't have an Uncle Ernie. I say look, i'll say hi to him. She gets scared. I yell out Hey Uncle Ernie. She freezes, pees her pants, turns to run, and chokes. He looks up, says Hey Jana! And comes walking over to visit, as friendly as can be. I don't know what scared her more- having to talk to a stranger or having to admit i was telling the truth.

My uncle was always really friendly, happy to see us and to visit when he had the chance. I was just beginning to learn more about him and his family- He spoke Polish, knew the Christmas wolf, appreciated good keilbasa, loved his wife and dogs and family, and was a great friend to my grandpa. He had gone into shoulder surgery Monday morning, and ended up having a heart attach Monday night. It was a surprise, and I (we all) will miss him.

1 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Blogger little.lamb said...

I'm so sorry to hear this Jana Bean!

I TOTALLY remember the 'you dont have an Uncle Ernie'. LOVE hanging out with you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home